Since it’s release back in September, NHL 12 hasn’t had too much in the way of news but the guys at EA Sports have done a great job of keeping the community engaged in other ways like their top 5 plays of the week videos. In this week’s highlight tape you will see a some fancy stick work, a diving save, and even a goalie getting embarrassed. If you would like to enter your top plays for consideration, just follow the instructions on the video below.
Tag: nhl 12
NHL 12 Tips Kick Up Deke
The topic of today’s NHL 12 video tip is the kick-up or skate to stick deke. You will want to use this move to fake out your opponents and ultimately score more goals in NHL 12. The execution of the move is very simple: Hold down the L1/LB bumper and then hold the right stick down while using the left stick to aim. This may sound complicated but once you get it into practice mode it will start clicking pretty easily for you. It is best used against an opponent trying to stick check you. You can see in the video below just how effective the kick up deke is.
NHL 12 Top 5 Plays of The Week
The NHL 12 community has submitted their best plays for this week and the guys at EA Sports put together a great highlight clip of the 5 most deserving plays. You will not believe how insane the top play is. You can view the full video below or submit your own highlight for a chance of being included into next week’s top 5 plays.
NHL 12 Passing Tips
Hockey is a team sport and like most team sports, passing is the key to success. For those of you who are new to the franchise you can check out the video in this post produced by the guys at EA Sports. They go over the short/slow pass, the long/hard pass, and the popular drop pass. If you are still struggling in NHL 12, some of these passing tips will help you become a better player.
NHL 12 Patch 1.04 Released
A new patch has been released for NHL 12 on both the PlayStation 3 and the XBOX 360. You can find the full details straight from the guys over at EA Sports on what the patch entails below.
- Fixes for Winnipeg Jets and St. John’s IceCaps Jerseys
- Added helmet numbers to front of helmet for all NHL teams
- Exploit where a user is able to skate wide and use vision control to take a slap shot and score while the goalie is out of position
- Exploit where when the goalie is covering the puck, a diving player could sometimes knock the puck loose
- Situation where the game would sometimes, but very rarely crash during instant replay
- Situation where a stick check would sometimes crash the game
Hockey Ultimate Team
- Hockey Ultimate Team fix where a user is able to exceed the trade pile’s 30 card limit by adding cards from the Edit Lineup screen. Fixing this key issue, fixes multiple other issues within HUT that were triggered by this.
- Fixed an issue with Game Modes tuner set files not loading correctly
What other fixes were you hoping for in this patch that you didn’t get? What would you like to see in the next patch? Leave your thoughts in the comments section at the end of this post.